Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Reid <kw...@vektral.com> on 2003/03/30 01:17:27 UTC

Content-length woes.

    Please Help!

    I am using Apache Axis to send a SOAP reqeust to a remote server, but I am never getting a response back.  My application just "hangs" for a loooong time.  Hours.  If I leave it overnight, I come back the next day to an IO exception stating that the connection timed-out.  I have confirmed that the remote server is receiving my request, that it is properly formatted, AND that the response is being sent to me.  My feeling is that the remote server is setting the content-length of the message incorrectly (too large for content of the response), and my code just ends up waiting for "the rest of the message" that doesn't exist
    My problem is that I do not understand the content-lenght field, or rather, what all it includes.  The response that I am getting from the remote server is below.  Can anyone tell from the message itself if the content-lenght is set correctly?   The server admin says that he includes all leading spaces (to accomplish the indenting/formatting) in the count for the content length, as well as the cr/lf at the end of each line.  I would have assumed that this should not be included.

Thanks in advance for your response to this question!

Reid

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 21:43:35 GMT

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <soap:Body>
      <GetCustomerResponse xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://www.giro.ca/AccesService/">
  <GetCustomerResult>
    <ResultStatus>
      <Code>CstmNF</Code>
      <Level>Error</Level>
      <Message>Le client 55000 n'existe pas.</Message>
    </ResultStatus>
  </GetCustomerResult>
</GetCustomerResponse>
   </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Re: HELP!

Posted by Trimarchi Michele <Mi...@crypto.it>.
Hi
Is my question clear or not??

Help me please.

Michele

HELP!

AW: Maintenance in a Service-Object

Posted by Malte Kempff <ke...@medicalcolumbus.de>.
Hi Scott,
thanks for your answer. What do you think... should I declare this TimerTask
as daemon or rather not?
what would be the consequences in the one or the other way? Could there be a
difference on the used plattform?

Malte

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

Re: Content-length woes.