Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com> on 2012/04/27 11:58:52 UTC

Re: Freebase data dump in RDF?

Paolo Castagna wrote:
> A trivial conversion of the Freebase data dump into RDF is possible, no attempt at extracting any schema/vocabulary (although it would be interesting, if at all possible, any idea?).
>
> Code is here:
> https://github.com/castagna/freebase2rdf

> Total triple count: 618,465,279.

See also:

 - http://basekb.com/

It would be interesting to extract an RDF Schema and/or vocabularies from
Freebase.

A few links and MQL queries to get you quickly started are here:
https://github.com/castagna/freebase2rdf/blob/52ba2dadd1157395141db9bae93ed41552ebe711/freebase2rdfschema.txt
... to do a nice things, you could extract a vocabulary per domain, do some
cleaning, but it should be quite easy.

A good University assignment in my opinion. :-)

Linking to schema.org concepts could also be interesting... but later.

Paolo