Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by sami kostamo <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2015/02/27 09:27:51 UTC

About translating OpenOffice to Finnish language

Hello, my name is Sami Kostamo!

It seems a huge task doing it, might take some time. Or I don´t know how much there is to translate...

No fee is possible?

Well, have a great day!

Sincerely

Sami Kostamo

Re: About translating OpenOffice to Finnish language

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 27/02/2015 sami kostamo wrote:
> Hello, my name is Sami Kostamo!
> It seems a huge task doing it, might take some time. Or I don´t know how much there is to translate...

Hello Sami,
sorry for the delay but I had lost your message. OpenOffice in Finnish
is very close to completion, only about 500 words are missing:
https://translate.apache.org/fi/aoo40/

Please take a look at https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide
to see the current process and to learn how to get an account for
translating.

There are other Finnish translators on this mailing list so I recommend
that you subscribe to it: send an empty e-mail message to
l10n-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org and respond to the confirmation
request you will receive.

> No fee is possible?

All our development and localization is done by volunteers.

Regards,
   Andrea.