Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by EremenkoRN <er...@info.sgu.ru> on 2007/04/03 14:27:20 UTC

Subportals using jetspeed

Hello!

I need to attach some part of my jetspeed-portal  (subtree of portal
documents tree, beginning from some node) to specific virtual host.
Is there any recommended way of doing it without plain url-redirection
(made as some servlet in root folder)?

Re: Subportals using jetspeed

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Apr 4, 2007, at 10:49 AM, David Sean Taylor wrote:

> On Apr 4, 2007, at 12:37 AM, EremenkoRN wrote:
>
>> David Sean Taylor пишет:

>>> I hope to have an example of "mapping the hostname to a subsite"
>>> checked into the svn trunk soon
>>> Once its ready I send instructions as a response to this thread

Well, I ran into some problems with subsites used with profiling
rules that contain multiple navigations and/or controls
So I have a solution here (and just checked into subversion trunk),
but its not exactly perfect yet, still needs some work
The example below works fine...

Here is the user definition, note the page location rule:

	<User name="local">
			<credentials password="local" enabled="TRUE" requiresUpdate="FALSE"/>
			<roles>user</roles>
			<groups>accounting</groups>
			<preferences/>
			<userinfo/>
			<Rules>
				<Rule locator="page" rule="localhost"/>
			</Rules>
		</User>

and the rule:

		<ProfilingRule id="localhost" standardRule="true">
			<description value="A hosting rule"/>
			<Criteria>
				<Criterion name="hostname">
					<type value="hostname"/>
					<fallBackOrder value="0"/>
					<fallBackType value="2"/>
				</Criterion>
				<Criterion name="user">
					<type value="user"/>
					<fallBackOrder value="1"/>
					<fallBackType value="2"/>
				</Criterion>
				<Criterion name="page">
					<type value="path.session"/>
					<value value="home"/>
					<fallBackOrder value="2"/>
					<fallBackType value="1"/>
				</Criterion>
			</Criteria>
		</ProfilingRule>

Note that when a user has this rule defined, the profiler will use
the _hostname control to locate a "subsite" area
This subsite area is also checked in for the full demo portal under:

/
    _hostname
         localhost
               _user
                    local...

The bug seems to be that the Site component is not capable of using
"profile navigations" inside subsites such as the above, so if I
wanted to do a user + rollfallback rule, it fails to navigate
(see the localhost-fallback rule for an example)
I will be looking into enhancing the Subsite component to properly
support all kinds of profile location via navigations and controls
Here is the JIRA issue to track:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-674

Re: Subportals using jetspeed

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Apr 4, 2007, at 12:37 AM, EremenkoRN wrote:

> David Sean Taylor пишет:
>

>> On Apr 3, 2007, at 5:27 AM, EremenkoRN wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I need to attach some part of my jetspeed-portal (subtree of
>>> portal documents tree, beginning from some node) to specific
>>> virtual host.
>>> Is there any recommended way of doing it without plain url-
>>> redirection (made as some servlet in root folder)?
>>>

>> I hope to have an example of "mapping the hostname to a subsite"
>> checked into the svn trunk soon
>> Once its ready I send instructions as a response to this thread

>> For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-user-
>> help@portals.apache.org
>>
> Is it a question of several days or weeks (or month?) :) Will these
> instructions apply to 2.0 release or is it 2.1 only feature?

this week.... probably tomorrow or friday
apply to 2.1 and up

Re: Subportals using jetspeed

Posted by EremenkoRN <er...@info.sgu.ru>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.