Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Husain, Yavar" <yh...@firstam.com> on 2011/11/18 11:13:13 UTC

write-lock issue

Environment: Solr 1.4 on Windows/MS SQL Server

A write lock is getting created whenever I am trying to do a full-import of documents using DIH. Logs say "Creating a connection with the database....." and the process is not going forward (Not getting a database connection). So the indexes are not getting created. Note that no other process is accessing the index and even I restarted my MS SQL Server service. However still I see a write.lock file in my index directory.

What could be the reason for this? Even I have set the flag unlockOnStartup in solrconfig to be true, still the indexing is not happening.

</PRE>
<BR>
******************************************************************************************<BR>This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the<BR>addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are<BR>not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,<BR>you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly<BR>prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by<BR>replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.<BR>
<BR>
Thank you.~<BR>
FAFLD<BR>
<PRE>