Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org> on 2011/08/25 19:20:23 UTC

Migration Status

Hi,

What is the current ETA for code migration to Apache SVN? I see that
[1] has no sources in it so far.

Also, the previous Oozie JIRA hosted on Yahoo [2] seems to be
unavailable since past few days. What is the plan for making the
issues logged in that JIRA availabe for the open source community?

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/oozie/trunk/
[2] http://oozie-jira.hadoop.developer.yahoo.net/browse/OOZIE

Thanks,
Arvind Prabhakar

Oozie site is up!

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi ,
I have created a top level Oozie page at http://incubator.apache.org/oozie/

I can assure you that it is very far from done!! I created the skeleton based on APT. I have also went through the whole life-cycle (creating apt file, generate html using mvn , push the html to svn and upload it to the apache).

We need to plan and distribute the work of writing the documents where we were not that good.
Please volunteer for any subsection and I could help if you need anything.

Regards,
Mohammad

I have done the item 5 of my list.

________________________________
Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.
Mohammad,

Regarding trying to do all branches, thxs!!

Regarding licensing verification, you need to do that before doing an
Apache release. If the branch is never Apache-released, you don't.

Which brings another point, I'd like to make a 2.3.2 release just
before we move to Apache. I'll prepare the release patch by tomorrow
morning.

Thxs.

Alejandro

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Alejanrdo point those items.
> In my last exercise, I tried to migrate one branch. I will see if I can
> multiple that in one short.
> In addition, after migration, there will be more work for conforming to
> Apache Licensing and verify through Rat.
>
> ________________________________

From this list is missing what I've mentioned in a previous email:

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.
I have taken care of the last bullet item.

I cannot do the GH ones because I don't have GH admin access to
yahoo/oozie (if I'm given access I could do it)

Somebody at Y! should do the Oozie JIRA shutdown & redirect if not done yet.

Thanks.

Alejandro

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mayank Bansal <ma...@apache.org>.
Thats great roman, Let me know if you need my help on this. However you
would need mysql version to export the sql dump.

Thanks,
Mayank

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Fwd: Incubation status : Help Wanted

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
I can ask them.

--M

________________________________
Posted by Mayank Bansal <ma...@apache.org>.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Mayank

Re: Fwd: Incubation status : Help Wanted

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Roman for taking the ownership.

1. JIRA migration:

We immediately need help of migrating Old JIRA to new apache JIRA.
However, the old JIRA server  is down for more than 4 weeks. Yahoo took out the system due to security breach.They don't want to bring the system. We have only the MYSQL data that I posted in the JIRA.

In this circumstances, what are the options?  I can think of bringing mysql server using the data file. Then either install a local JIRA server using the imported data and then follow the standard process OR get the comments from the mysql table directly and manually create the important JIRAs. All are thought.

2. Migration of Git Issue:
How could we do that? What is the plan?

3. Branch 2.3 and others migration:  Angelo just found out a way of migrating the branches into svn with master. In that case, I will move them all-together.

Regards,
Mohammad

________________________________

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Re: Migration Status

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.
Mohammad,

Thanks for the update. What about all the issues in GH?

Thanks.

Alejandro

Re: Migration Status

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Alan for pointing it out again.

I will find out an answer. Will hunt Chris/Gil to get an answer.

Regards,
Mohammad

________________________________
Has Yahoo delivered an SGA to Apache for the code?  We should get that done before moving the code into SVN.  Technically it's only necessary before the first release, but it makes things much cleaner to have it up front.

Alan.

Re: Migration Status

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
Mohammad,

Re: Migration Status

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Arvind,
> We plan to move our initial code to apache@SVN by next week.

Thanks for the confirmation.

> Migrating the old JIRA to new JIRA: I could not find out a way of migrating that.
> We have MySQL dump of the old JIRA.
> Plan to create a INFRA Jira asking for their help.

This was recently done for Apache Flume project. Please see
[INFRA-3764] for full discussion on this. Since this is a fairly
involved non-trivial task, I encourage you to get the JIRA created at
the earliest in order to mitigate the possibility of any significant
delays.

[INFRA-3764] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3764

Thanks,
Arvind