Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Pete Kelly <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/29 18:56:03 UTC

Problems building Apache-AuthenSmb on Windows

Please forgive the fact this isn't a specific mod_perl
question, but I have been trying to install the
Apache-AuthenSmb module for over a week without
success:-(

I have tried using ppm, but I have been informed this
is only built for Linux.

Apache-AuthenSmb apparently can't build without
Authen-Smb, so I downloaded it Authen-Smb-0.91.tar.gz,
unzipped it, and followed the install directions by
running:

perl Makefile.PL

which resulted in to Makefile(s) being generated (one
for Authen::Smb::smbvalid and Authen::Smb)

When I run nmake I get the following error:
C:\Authen-Smb-0.91>nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version
6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights
reserved.

        cd smbval && NMAKE -nologo
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
'valid.o'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

C:\Authen-Smb-0.91>

Has anyone built Authen-Smb successfully on Windows
NT?

Any clue as to what I am missing?

Thanks,

Pete