Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Riboe, Jens" <Je...@ca.com> on 2007/02/05 23:22:45 UTC

'dependency:copy' does not work

I did a cut-and-paste from the docs of the dependency plug-in

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/examples/copying
-artifacts.html
To troubleshoot my configuration of 'dependency:copy'

However, I still get the same error as shown below. What am I doing
wrong and how is that reflected in the online docs?

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for
'dependency:copy'

[0] inside the definition for plugin: 'maven-dependency-plugin'specify
the following:

<configuration>
  <artifactItems>VALUE</artifactItems>
</configuration>.

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Feb 05 22:18:41 GMT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 8M/15M
[INFO]

RE: 'dependency:copy' does not work

Posted by "Riboe, Jens" <Je...@ca.com>.
>> Do you have <artifactItems> element defined in your configuration?
Yes. Exactly as stated in the docs
     <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>copy</id>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>copy</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <artifactItems>
                <artifactItem>
                  <groupId>junit</groupId>
                  <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
                  <version>3.8.1</version>
                  <type>jar</type>
                  <overWrite>false</overWrite>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/alternateLocation</outputDir
ectory>
                  <destFileName>optional-new-name.jar</destFileName>
                </artifactItem>
              </artifactItems>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/wars</outputDirectory>
              <overWriteReleases>false</overWriteReleases>
              <overWriteSnapshots>true</overWriteSnapshots>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>