Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bliesner, Christopher P" <ch...@boeing.com> on 2004/07/13 19:37:53 UTC

re: Easy questions

Hi-I'm using Tomcat 4.1.12 and I have have it running great, thanks.  I
have my connection pooling set up and working to an Oracle DB.  However,
are we still using the 'RemoveAbondoned' parameters to close DBCP
connections?  I have the parameter set for 20 connections and the other
day, I had a message regarding exhausting DBCP connections.  When I
recycled Tomcat, it cleared up but I'm kind of worried that my db
connections are not closing.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris Bliesner

Lead Oracle DBA/Unix admin

Wk Phone 915-834-1757

Re: Easy questions

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 12:37:53PM -0500, Bliesner, Christopher P wrote:
: I'm kind of worried that my db
: connections are not closing.  Any suggestions?

One technique I've seen for tracking down stray connections is to set the
DB pool to use just one connection. That makes it pretty easy to spot the
offending code fragment(s).

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com

Re: Easy questions

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
as a general for myself, I always explicitly close the connections, to
make sure the connection gets returned to the pool.

peter