Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by gribo <ph...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/22 18:34:16 UTC

TomEE and validation-api-1.1.0

Hi,

I have a webapp using spring-boot-1.2.0 that add hibernate-validator-5.0.3
and validation-api-1.1.0.jar to the webapp classpath (WEb-INF/lib)
This webapp works great in tomcat 7.0

I want to test TomEE, has I heard "Tomee is Tomcat", so I expect all my
enterprise webapp to migrate easily in tomee.

But the webapp fails in tomee with the corresponding message :

Caused by: org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomEERuntimeException:
org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Creating application failed:
/usr/local/tomee/apache-tomee-jaxrs-1.7.1/webapps/spring-boot-tomee-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT:
javax.validation.spi.ConfigurationState.getParameterNameProvider()Ljavax/validation/ParameterNameProvider;
	at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.startInternal(TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:1257)
	at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.configureStart(TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:1087)
	at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.GlobalListenerSupport.lifecycleEvent(GlobalListenerSupport.java:130)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5378)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	... 11 more

I can post a simple webapp to reproduce, but putting
hibernate-validator-5.0.3.jar and validation-api-1.1.0.jar in any webapp
classpath should fails.

Is there a workaround ? As my webapp doesn't do bean validation, I excluded
them for now but I would like to understand why tomee's classpath doesn't
work as tomcat classpath ?

Regards,
Philippe

Re: TomEE and validation-api-1.1.0

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk>.
Which TomEE are you using?  (e.g. plus, plume etc)  Plus is OpenJPA
which is only JPA2.0

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

idea is to override validation api in tomee since it is provided - it
means replacing javaee-api by javaee-api zip jars and removing
geronimo-validation one to put 1.1 version.

FYI it is done on 2.0 work branch (called develop).

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com
http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com