Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Abid Hussain <hu...@gmx.de> on 2011/12/01 15:30:18 UTC

Problem resolving property

Hi all,

I have a problem that maven doesn't resolve a property.

In a project A we have the following dependency:
<dependency>
	<groupId>components</groupId>
	<artifactId>library-bundle</artifactId>
	<version>3.12</version>
	<type>pom</type>
</dependency>

In dependent project library-bundle (Version 3.12) we have the following property declared:
<profile>
	<id>utilization</id>
	<activation>
		<activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
	</activation>
	<dependency>
		<groupId>my.jdbc.driver</groupId>
		<artifactId>mydriver</artifactId>
		<version>${oracle.jdbc.driver.version}</version>
	</dependency>
</profile>

Project A and project library-bundle have a common parent POM in which the variable ${oracle.jdbc.driver.version} is declared:
<profile>
    <id>context_x</id>
    <activation>
         <property>
              <name>env.PROJECT</name>
              <value>context_x</value>
         </property>
    </activation>

    <properties>
         <oracle.jdbc.driver.version>11.1.0.7.0</oracle.jdbc.driver.version>
    </properties>
</profile>

When trying to build project A under profile 'context_x' (with the correct environment variable PROJECT set to 'context_x') it fails:
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
1) component.oracle.jdbc.driver:ojdbc6:jar:${oracle.jdbc.driver.version}

The missing artifact is definetly existing with the specified in the local repository.

Anybody has an idea why maven can't resolve the dependency?

Regards,

Abid