Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@schmiedehausen.org> on 2013/10/28 16:12:58 UTC

Huh? Only two people can do releases?

>From INFRA-6942:

"Currently only PMC members are allowed to make the final move from dev to
release. You have two options: 1) ask a PMC member to make the move 2) ask
the PMC to create a ticket with infra to allow all committers write access
to release. "

What? Is that intentional? If yes, can I please rejoin the commons PMC and
get those privs or can we give that to all committers. I thought the whole
point of committers is that Apache trusts them to develop and release
software.

I know that one is Stefan Bodewig. Can one of you please open a ticket with
infra as requested.

Thank you for helping out here,
     Henning

Re: Huh? Only two people can do releases?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2013-10-28, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> Sorry for singling you out, Stefan;

np

> again thanks a lot for moving the files over. I will fix the README
> later today. Would it be possible that you also remove the 1.9 files
> from the binaries and sources folders?

will do so in a few hours, let's have the mirrors pick up the new
release first.

Stefan

Re: Huh? Only two people can do releases?

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@schmiedehausen.org>.
I misread that as "only two PMC members", not "only PMC members... you
have two options". Shouldn't post before I have the first coffee of
the morning.

Sorry for singling you out, Stefan; again thanks a lot for moving the
files over. I will fix the README later today. Would it be possible
that you also remove the 1.9 files from the binaries and sources
folders?

Thanks a lot,
    Henning

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2013-10-28, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

>> From INFRA-6942:

> "Currently only PMC members are allowed to make the final move from dev to
> release. You have two options: 1) ask a PMC member to make the move 2) ask
> the PMC to create a ticket with infra to allow all committers write access
> to release. "

Didn't know that.