Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Insyde <in...@insyde.com.br> on 2004/07/16 16:26:34 UTC

Updating shared classes in 24/7 server

I need update classes that is used by many web applications. The older version of classes are in /shared directory of Tomcat, but now I dont know how to update them without Tomcat restart. I can't restart Tomcat because many others web applications are used 24 by day. Any help?

Thanks.

MaurĂ­cio Kanada

Re: Updating shared classes in 24/7 server

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 11:26:34AM -0300, Insyde wrote:
: I need update classes that is used by many web applications. The older version
: of classes are in /shared directory of Tomcat, but now I dont know how to
: update them without Tomcat restart. I can't restart Tomcat because many others
: web applications are used 24 by day. Any help?

As in, there are other webapps running in a single container?

Switch to separate containers, if at all possible.  Making the apps
independent cures many headaches.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net