Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by David Goodenough <da...@linkchoose.co.uk> on 2015/05/12 17:03:25 UTC

How do I suppress namespace in generated XML

I have a legacy servlet which does not expect a namespace
in the XML that gets passed between it and its client.  It also
does not generate one.

In the client if I use CXF WebClient to send the XML it seems to
want to put the namespace in, which does not cause too much
of a problem as the servlet ignores it.  However when the servlet
replies there is no namespace and the WebClient complains about
its lack.

Any ideas?

David

Re: How do I suppress namespace in generated XML

Posted by David Goodenough <da...@linkchoose.co.uk>.
On Tuesday 12 May 2015 16:03:25 David Goodenough wrote:
> I have a legacy servlet which does not expect a namespace
> in the XML that gets passed between it and its client.  It also
> does not generate one.
>
> In the client if I use CXF WebClient to send the XML it seems to
> want to put the namespace in, which does not cause too much
> of a problem as the servlet ignores it.  However when the servlet
> replies there is no namespace and the WebClient complains about
> its lack.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> David
In case it is of use to anyone else, the only way I have found to
do this is to hand edit package-info.java, and change the XmlSchema
namespace attribute to "".

What I have not yet found is how to code the schema so that this
is what is generated automatically.

David