Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by kiran chitturi <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/14 05:56:49 UTC

Nutch : Wiki Section updates

Hi!

I have noticed that there are certain sections of Nutch wiki that are
not up to date.

I am planning to update these pages with some pointers to the mailing list
discussion which give valuable information and also JIRA's.

First thing,  I have created an account in wiki but i am not able to see
'edit' button for any page. Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Second, Does anyone have suggestions on improving/updating certain pages ?
Is anyone willing to update the 'Tasklist' and 'Features' section in the
Wiki ?

Third, Do we have any updates on the public servers running Nutch ? We have
dead links here [0] and this needs a major update.

I am willing to start this and update in my free time. It would be great if
someone can proofread to check that i did not write something incorrect.

I am new to this. Please let me know what are things I need to be know
before starting the work.

Please let me know your suggestions.

[0] - http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/PublicServers

Thank you
--
Kiran Chitturi

<http://www.linkedin.com/in/kiranchitturi>

Re: Nutch : Wiki Section updates

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiran

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:56 PM, kiran chitturi
<ch...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am planning to update these pages with some pointers to the mailing list
> discussion which give valuable information and also JIRA's.

Nice

> Second, Does anyone have suggestions on improving/updating certain pages ?
> Is anyone willing to update the 'Tasklist' and 'Features' section in the
> Wiki ?

I found (in the past) that the technical and architectural 'plumbing' was
the best place to focus my efforts.
Something to keep in mind is that the code is dynamic, therefore the wiki
pages should be designed in such a way to shadow this... if possible.

> Third, Do we have any updates on the public servers running Nutch ? We have
> dead links here [0] and this needs a major update.

I don't know how productive a process this is. I found that Nutch is being
used far wider than I originally thought. We are a mature community and the
public servers page does not even begin to scratch the durface of folks,
companies, and oragnisations alike using our codebase. I don't know how
fruitful maintaining this page will be. You are a productive guy, your time
would be best placed elsewhere.

> I am willing to start this and update in my free time. It would be great if
> someone can proofread to check that i did not write something incorrect.

I will get notifications and we will keep an eye on everything don't worry.
Many eyes are on Nutch.

Thanks
Lewis

Re: Nutch : Wiki Section updates

Posted by Tejas Patil <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiran,
This is a good initiative :) I will get free next week and can contribute
to this activity.

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kiran
Please send me your wiki uid