Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net> on 2002/06/04 16:12:12 UTC

Tomcat 4.1 Admin Application

I looked at the admin application recently and it is looking nice!

Is this nearing completion?

Here are some questions and comments:

I noticed that many of the Host attributes are not editable.

The DefaultContext is not editable and resources configured for the
DefaultContext are not maintained by the admin application when it
writes out the new server.xml.  Instead the resources are merged into
the individual Contexts.  Will support for the DefaultContext be added?

Regards,

Glenn

Re: Tomcat 4.1 Admin Application

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.
Glenn Nielsen wrote:

>I looked at the admin application recently and it is looking nice!
>
>Is this nearing completion?

Yes.

>Here are some questions and comments:
>
>I noticed that many of the Host attributes are not editable.

Which non editable attributes do you wish to edit?

>The DefaultContext is not editable and resources configured for the
>DefaultContext are not maintained by the admin application when it
>writes out the new server.xml.  Instead the resources are merged into
>the individual Contexts.  Will support for the DefaultContext be added?

All the MBean stuff is in for DefaultContext.  I think we just need to
add screens to support it.  We also need to add get/setNamingResources
to DefaultContext so that it writes out its resources properly.

Thanks,
Amy