Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2012/03/14 17:36:10 UTC

Release 2.1?

Hi Lenya devs,

how about releasing Lenya 2.1? I'd suggest to clean up a bit beforehand
(e.g. remove all the JCR stuff that will probably never be used).

WDYT?

-- Andreas

Re: Release 2.1?

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
On 03/14/2012 11:36 AM, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> how about releasing Lenya 2.1? I'd suggest to clean up a bit
> beforehand (e.g. remove all the JCR stuff that will probably never be
> used).
>
> WDYT?
>
> -- Andreas

Agreed. There is a bit of licensing that we need to take care of as
well. I see Florent added jQuery, so we need to put something in the
NOTICE file I believe stating that we are using the MIT license. I can
get that done over the next couple of days.

Re: Release 2.1?

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.
Yes sure ! Great ! Please submit a patch.
Not sure to embeded this in the release but great thing to do one step
to html5.

++

Re: Release 2.1?

Posted by Vik Tara <vi...@propco.co.uk>.
Hi Richard

> Thanks for looking into and asking the dev. I would think we would
> need legal to check out the license before we shipped it. It would be
> far more preferable for it to just use a standard approved license,
> such as MIT. At least with a standard license, you know where you're
> at, even if it isn't a friendly one.

I chased the Dev again as we have now created the module and would be a
shame to not be able to include it with Lenya:

> Hi Vik
>
> I'd be happy to release it under the MIT licence, which seems to be
> the most permissive licence.
>
> Will post on GitHub soon as I get a chance.
>
> You can use this email as written permission from me, the author,
> releasing the source code under the MIT licence.
>
> Best
> P.
So I think maybe we are in business?

Regards