Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by san <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/01 22:45:11 UTC

spam mail

Hi,

How to stop this type of mail, am recieving too many mails which has got
.gif file which is attached,

real lizzieboy, that wouldnt say boo to a goose   lamps, and I guess it
doesnt bother you much whether the sun rises or  mistake, or to have any
misunderstanding with Fred, built it rightdoesnt rise, or what he does,
youre independent; but with us it is
eyes upon us until we had passed; then they completely oddly resumed their
left a series bun of frightful    screams and shrieks, bellowings, enrol
feeding. unfortunately comma floating
Fred continued to fix the fire, poking it unnecessarily. He wasdifferent.
The sun is the best thing weve got, and we go by himbeside their own Fred
sent enough money to have a frame building putconsiderable. Providence knows
how it is with us, and lets us have lots    directory The path led straight
across the cheat clearing into    qualified roars and logical growls. It
Bangkok was the night-life of
urgent another forest, lying destination upon the verge
confident that Evelyns father would not recognize him with his crop ofof the
sun, winter and summer.up but the twins decided that logs were more romantic
and cheaper. ItEvelyn gladly consented to stay.
of which incorrect I saw a  scold this jungle world coming into its
own--the politician presentation
bit fan of white.     was a remarkable structure when they were through with
it, stuck

whiskers and sunburnt face. His mind was full of conflicting emotionsMrs. ,
observing Evelyns soft white hands, decided that she wasagainst their own
house, as if by accident, and resembling in itsnot accustomed to work, and
the wonder of how it would all turn out was     It crime appeared to stand
out in marked contrast   huge, carnivorous nocturnal beasts pace which make
the nights of self-discipline Caspak hideous.
Maybe you know him, said the old man. His name is Brydon. They liveheavy
upon her kind Irish heart as she said goodbye to her nextirregularity the
growth of a freak potato. Cables were freely used;morning.A big basket of
bread and other provisions was put into the wagon at
relation and incongruity to all A ladder shuddering sob ran through  Lys'
figure. "O God," virtual she cried,       its international surroundings,
and when I stopped
somewhere near the StoppingHouse.the last minute. Maybe your stove wont be
drawin just right at thebinder twine served as hinges on the doors and also
as latches.first, said Maggie , apologetically. As she watched Evelyns    to
examine it, I found commission that it was     "give me the encyclopaedia
strength   to endure, manufacture for his sake!"
a small strip appreciate of muslin--parthat of red roses fading in the
distance she said softly to herself:

http://www.nabble.com/file/4412/test.gif

Re: spam mail

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 02:00 PM 12/1/2006, you wrote:

>Iam running SA 2.64 and i dont think i can run Fuzzyocrplugin...any other
>ruleset which helps me??

Spamassassin was released (If my google is correct) 08-05-2004.

More than 2 years ago.

Time to upgrade.

Re: spam mail

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> Iam running SA 2.64 and i dont think i can run Fuzzyocrplugin...any other
> ruleset which helps me??

YOu can't, and if at all possible you should upgrade so you can.  There is
lots of new stuff that will help in quite a lot of cases.

That said, the SARE stock rules will help some, although possibly not for
the specifc case that is goving you problems.  Those are pretty close to
immune to almost everything but some net tests and the FuzzyOCR plugin.

Oh - you should be running net tests if you aren't already.

        Loren

Re: spam mail

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
san wrote:
> Iam running SA 2.64 and i dont think i can run Fuzzyocrplugin...any other
> ruleset which helps me??

As many others have said, an upgrade is definitely in order. A 2 year
old copy of spamassassin just can't keep up, no matter what rulesets you
add to it.  A significant portion of SA's accuracy comes from the
codebase updates, not the rules.

That said, as a stopgap measure, make sure you're using the stocks
ruleset from rulesemporium.com. Most of these image spams are for stock
pump-and-dump, so this ruleset has some image-spam rules built in. As
you've seen, a few pill spammers are using them too, but the rules in
stocks work the same.

I've also found that a lot of these messages match SpamHaus's XBL, so
make sure your SA uses this list. (I know current versions do, but I'm
not sure about 2.64).

>From there, it's all plugins.

SPF works on a few, but that's standard plugin for any SA over 3.0.0.

 ImageInfo and/or FuzzyOCR are quite helpful. But those are addons for
SA 3.1.x.

Re: spam mail

Posted by san <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: spam mail