Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Wayne Witzel III <ww...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/29 16:25:49 UTC

Allura vagrant - css not being applied

I am trying to use the Allura vagrant machine to develop an inline editing view for the Git and Hg tools. When I first setup the box, things were working fine. Now, after running an update.sh none of the style is being applied. I've restarted all the services and have restarted the vagrant box. I've included a link to  a screenshot of the problem.

http://pastefest.net/QVua

Wayne Witzel III (@wwitzel3)
wayne@pieceofpy.com
http://pieceofpy.com

Re: Allura vagrant - css not being applied

Posted by Peter Hartmann <ma...@gmail.com>.
Adding to what's Dave wrote - on my vm (I've been using custom VBox setup)
this issue is not always repeatable. Sometimes page refresh causes CSS to
eventually being served with proper content-type, but sometimes I need to
do this multiple times. Sometimes it's only part of stylesheets that are
being served wrong. That way, I was able to eventually get proper rendering
during my previous work, though it was obviously troublesome.

I did an attempt to debug this issue, but it appears that mimetype in
response object gets changed at different stages of response call each
time, hinting a race condition somewhere in the code. Those are real pain
to find.

Posted by Dave Brondsema <db...@slashdotmedia.com>.
Does firebug/chrome inspector show the CSS files being fetched?  If so, I
think this is a nasty issue where the first request (after each webserver
start) for CSS files gets answered with the wrong content-type and browsers
refuse to use the CSS if it's not "text/css".  If you clear your browser
cache or use a different browser, it should work okay.

I don't think we know the root cause of the initial requests for CSS files
using the wrong content type :(

--
Dave Brondsema
Principal Software Engineer - sourceforge.net