Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/05/19 19:08:56 UTC

Welcome to Aniket Mokashi

Please join me in welcoming Aniket Mokashi as a new committer on Pig.
Aniket has been contributing to Pig since last summer.  He wrote or
helped shepherd several major features in 0.8, including the Python
UDF work, the new mapreduce functionality, and the custom
partitioner.  We look forward to more great work from him in the future.

Alan.

Re: Welcome to Aniket Mokashi

Posted by Daniel Dai <ji...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Though we don't support nested foreach in grammar, Pig has some limited
support for it in logical plan/runtime. For example, the following
script will contain a nested foreach:

a = load '1.txt' as (a0, a1, a2);
b = group a by a0;
c = foreach b {
     c0 = a.a0;
     generate c0;
};
explain c;

So I believe the basic piece to make nested foreach work is already
there. We need to further:
1. Allow parser to handle the real nested foreach statement, define the
limitation of nested foreach we support
2. Make sure Pig handles the extended scope of nested foreach

Daniel

Posted by Aniket Mokashi <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--