Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@citi-us.com> on 2002/11/20 21:34:15 UTC

PMC documentation

Nicola, can you throw together a beginning draft of the Avalon PMC charter?

Put it in CVS so we can have a place to revice the charter.

You can take the liberty to put down the first draft of what defines the
Avalon
project, and we can refine from there.

Also, do the bylaws govern the issues of chair ownership and PMC
involvement?  If so, we need to start with cookie-cutter templates and
customize (hopefully very minimally) to fit the Avalon needs.

We should get this done sooner than later.

I like the constructive talks about Avalon infrastructure, but I don't want
lose focus.

Re: PMC documentation

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Nicola, can you throw together a beginning draft of the Avalon PMC
>> charter?
>>
>> Put it in CVS so we can have a place to revice the charter.
>

> Definately. I'm swamped ATM because I have a
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Opps, sorry, I really need some rest tonight. I meant to say that
tomorrow I have the ISO9000 examineer coming at 15:00 to "test" me, and
I hav lots of documents to prepare...

  <last-mail-for-today/>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: PMC documentation

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Nicola, can you throw together a beginning draft of the Avalon PMC charter?
>
> Put it in CVS so we can have a place to revice the charter.

Definately. I'm swamped ATM because I have a

> You can take the liberty to put down the first draft of what defines the
> Avalon project, and we can refine from there.

Ok.

> Also, do the bylaws govern the issues of chair ownership and PMC
> involvement?  If so, we need to start with cookie-cutter templates and
> customize (hopefully very minimally) to fit the Avalon needs.

Yes. We need to nail these down. I think it's important that a chair be
voted by committers (IMHO better all committers than PMCers) and that
has a fixed period of serving.

> We should get this done sooner than later.
>
> I like the constructive talks about Avalon infrastructure, but I don't want
> to lose focus.

+1

Expect it later tomorrow. Thank you.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -