Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by ShunKang Lin <li...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/07 07:24:25 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-872: Add Serializer#serializeToByteBuffer() to reduce memory copying

Hi everyone,

I'd like to open the vote for KIP-872, which proposes to add
Serializer#serializeToByteBuffer() to reduce memory copying.

The proposal is here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=228495828

The pull request is here:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/12685

Thanks to all who reviewed the proposal, and thanks in advance for taking
the time to vote!

Best,
ShunKang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-872: Add Serializer#serializeToByteBuffer() to reduce memory copying

Posted by ShunKang Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Thanks for voting!

Bump this thread again and see if we could get a few more votes. Currently
we have +3 non-binding (from Divij Vaidya, Kirk True and Kamal
Chandraprakash)  and +2 binding (from Luke Chen and ziming deng).
Hoping we can get this approved, reviewed, and merged in time for 3.6.0.

Best,
ShunKang

ShunKang Lin <li...@gmail.com> 于2023年5月7日周日 15:24写道:

Posted by ShunKang Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Thanks for voting!
Just wanted to bump this thread and see if we could get a few more votes.
Currently we have +2 non-binding and +1 binding.

Kirk True <ki...@kirktrue.pro> 于2023年5月11日周四 22:54写道:

Posted by Kirk True <ki...@kirktrue.pro>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Luke Chen <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding) from me.

Posted by Divij Vaidya <di...@gmail.com>.
Vote +1 (non binding)

Posted by Kamal Chandraprakash <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding). Thanks for the improvement!

Thanks,
Kamal

Posted by ziming deng <de...@gmail.com>.
Hello ShunKang,

Posted by ShunKang Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by ShunKang Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Thanks all for voting!

Currently we have +3 binding (from Divij Vaidya, Luke Chen and ziming deng)
and +2 non-binding(from Kirk True and Kamal Chandraprakash).

This vote thread has been open over 72 hours and has sufficient votes, so
I’ll close the voting at this time.

KIP-872 has PASSED.

Best,
ShunKang