Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2010/04/13 18:14:52 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Pluto 2.0.1

Hi Pluto Team and community,

I've staged a release candidate for the new Pluto 2.0.1 release.

Please review the release candidate for this project which is
available in the following Nexus provided staging repository:

   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheportals-019/

The most important part is the big source archive of Pluto which is here:
   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheportals-019/org/apache/portals/pluto/pluto/2.0.1/

Please also check the various maven artifacts we're deploying to the global maven repository:

   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheportals-019/org/apache/portals/pluto/

In addition, I'm providing a binary Distribution (Pluto+Tomcat) based on this release candidate here:

   http://people.apache.org/~ate/releases/portals/pluto/

Please vote on releasing Apache Pluto 2.0.1
This vote is open for the next 72 hours.

Please cast your vote:

  [ ] +1 for Release
  [ ]  0  for Don't care
  [ ] -1 Don't release (do provide a reason then)

Regards,

Ate Douma

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Pluto 2.0.1

Posted by Vivek Kumar <v....@onehippo.com>.
+1

Vivek

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Carsten

Ate Douma  wrote

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Pluto 2.0.1

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
+1

Ate

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Woonsan

I've staged a release candidate for the new
> Pluto 2.0.1 release.

Please review the release candidate for this project
> which is
available in the following Nexus provided staging
> repository:

> href="https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheportals-019/"
> target=_blank
> >https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheportals-019/

The
> most important part is the big source archive of Pluto which is here:

> href="https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheportals-019/org/apache/portals/pluto/pluto/2.0.1/"
> target=_blank
> >https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheportals-019/org/apache/portals/pluto/pluto/2.0.1/

Please
> also check the various maven artifacts we're deploying to the global maven
> repository:

> href="https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheportals-019/org/apache/portals/pluto/"
> target=_blank
> >https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheportals-019/org/apache/portals/pluto/

In
> addition, I'm providing a binary Distribution (Pluto+Tomcat) based on this
> release candidate here:

> http://people.apache.org/~ate/releases/portals/pluto/

Please vote on
> releasing Apache Pluto 2.0.1
This vote is open for the next 72
> hours.

Please cast your vote:

[ ] +1 for Release
[ ]
> 0  for Don't care
[ ] -1 Don't release (do provide a reason
> then)

Regards,

Ate Douma

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Pluto 2.0.1

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
The vote for releasing Apache Pluto 2.0.1 passes with 6 +1 votes (5 binding), 2 non-binding -1 votes (concerning issues which will be
addressed in the next or later release) and no 0 votes.

I will promote the release candidates to the Maven Central Repository and upload the binary distribution to the official download area.

An announcement about the new release will be send out once we have updated the Pluto website and download links which will be sometime next
week.

Regards,

Ate Douma

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
+1

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 04/14/2010 05:47 PM, Luis Montes wrote:
> -1
>
> I know this is late, but I'd like to see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PLUTO-590 fixed

yup, its late, and I consider this one similar to the onces Mike Freeman pointed out.
Again, this one *might* be easily fixable (I haven't looked into it), which if it is the case we might do shortly after the 2.0.1 release.
If you have pressing requirements for it, please follow up and let us know.
It would also help spead up fixing it if you could try to come up with a solution or patch ;)

Regards,

Ate

Posted by Luis Montes <mo...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
On 04/15/2010 06:17 PM, Michael Freedman wrote:
> Yes, 301 is a Portlet 1.0 bridge for JSF 1.2 but since Portlet 2.0 is
> backwards compatible it obviously runs fine in 2.0 as well. In fact its
> the only environment I run the 301 bridge on these days (for the past 2+
> years now). As it will be released/finalized first, it would be nice for
> folks choosing to run in such an environment to not have to patch their
> Pluto.
OK, clear.
I've assigned these issues to myself and targeted them for the next 2.0.2 release.

BTW: the current 301 bridge trunk still has Pluto 1.0.1 as dependency (in examples/demo) so maybe you might want to update those then.

Regards,

Ate

Posted by Michael Freedman <mi...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.