Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by "Arkadiy Vertleyb (BLOOMBERG/ 120 PARK)" <av...@bloomberg.net> on 2023/05/18 21:01:01 UTC

How to access data in the RecordBatch (c++)?

Hi,

All I was able to figure out so far was - column() returns Array and then GetScalar() returns Scalar.  Which can be converted to a string.

Is this the right way?  Anything else can be done to a Scalar?  Can I get the binary data?  Or converted to a type of my choice?

Thanks,
Arkadiy

Re: How to access data in the RecordBatch (c++)?

Posted by Micah Kornfield <em...@gmail.com>.
HI Arkadiy,
It really depends on what you want to do with the data.  Subclasses of
Array have accessors for primitive objects as well (e.g. BaseBinary for
Utf/binary data [1]) can access string_view objects

[1] https://arrow.apache.org/docs/cpp/api/array.html#binary-like