Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jsherwood <js...@rgisolutions.com> on 2009/03/05 04:45:50 UTC

T5: not all hibernate records saving

Hello,

I have a page that you load an excel file and read each line converting it to records.

It works fine with no errors anywhere but out of 15855 lines it only actually puts in 11272 records but my count on the loop shows 15855 and I cannot figure out why these records are not saving with no errors being produced.

This is my basic logic(I have tried @CommitAfter but using _session.beginTransaction and commit at each save actually produced some errors I was able to fix that @CommitAfter did not)

Loop Lines{
     ReadLine{
        readCells(line)
}}

readCells(line){
   loopCells{
      read cell and put in corresponding field
      fields that link, check if the field is in the foreign table, if not add it and put id in field
   }
}

Again I have tried using @CommitAfter however using the beingTransaction/commit around each save produced more errors IE: invalid date format in a date field etc. but now there are NO errors being thrown.

Are there errors I cannot see somehow?

Thanks,
--James

Re: T5: not all hibernate records saving

Posted by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com>.
James,
   I am not sure if you've solved your problem, but it sounds like you might
have non-Tapestry related issues to deal with (e.g. Hibernate). If you still
feel that your problems are due to T5, please post some actual code (instead
of pseudocode) with a clear statement of your problem.

Cheers,

Alex Kotchnev