Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/12 23:50:40 UTC

[MINA 2.0 porting] Current status

Hi guys,

after two weeks of work on MINA, I come back to give you some feedback
about how is the porting to ADS going.

I'm not really satisfied by the results I get, atm. To be frank, I don't
think that MINA 2.0 is good enough to be used in ADS. I have some tests
blocked (only a few of them, but as it's blocking, it's difficult to
know if the following tests will pass...). More important, the overall
'quality' of MINA 2.0 make me wondering if it worths the effort to
change the server to use it right now, as it impacts the code a lot,
plus the configuration will have to change.

So here is what I will suggest atm :
- keep the ads-mina-2.0 open for a bit while
- continue to clean MINA 2.0 code
- move forward and fix issues in ADS nor related to MINA
- try to find a workaround for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1161 (I have some ideas
about how to fix it)
- and start thinking about releasing a 1.5.5 for the end of november, of
possible

I will come back tomorrow with some more feedback.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com