Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com> on 2015/10/23 07:17:35 UTC

Opinions wanted: new site skin

Hi all,

We are currently using the reFlow Maven site skin. I went looking around
and found Fluido, which seems to be a bit more extensible. I built and
staged a version of the site at
http://mstanleyjones.github.io/hbase/index.html. Note the Github ribbon and
the Google site search. I'm curious to know what you think.

I also put the 0.94 docs menu as a submenu of the Documentation menu, to
see how it looked.

Thanks,
Misty

Re: Opinions wanted: new site skin

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Misty for working on this. I only had a chance to try on my iPhone, but there it looks a bit cramped :(

Re: Opinions wanted: new site skin

Posted by iain wright <ia...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, most recent version looks great on iphone 6s+:
http://i.imgur.com/k4enJMB.png
http://i.imgur.com/MYprWgQ.png

Maybe Anil was referring to the first proposed update:
http://i.imgur.com/jNmgjOQ.png

--
Iain Wright

This email message is confidential, intended only for the recipient(s)
named above and may contain information that is privileged, exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, do
not disclose or disseminate the message to anyone except the intended
recipient. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named
recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender by return email, and
delete all copies of this message.

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Looks great!

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Looks great!

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
Nice work Misty.

For me, the first link [0] looks a lot better than the second link
[1]. I'm with Andrew in that if we're not prepared to actively receive
PR's from github, we should remove the banner. Do you have your patch
for [0], you can send my way and I'll tweak it to remove the banner.

As for phones... *sigh* Is that a priority?

[0]: http://mstanleyjones.github.io/hbase/index.html
[1]: http://mstanleyjones.github.io/hbase/reflow_update/index.html

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
Nice work Misty.

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Opinions wanted: new site skin

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Opinions wanted: new site skin

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.
Sorry Anil, I didn't get an attachment. Maybe the mailing list strips it
off. If so, can you send it to me privately?

Posted by Anil Gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Here u go:

Re: Opinions wanted: new site skin

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Opinions wanted: new site skin

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Opinions wanted: new site skin

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
Looks great with the white. +1

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
Looks great with the white. +1

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Opinions wanted: new site skin

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.
All,

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Misty Stanley-Jones <ms...@cloudera.com>.
All,

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Looks good.

I don't think we want a "fork me on GitHub" banner unless and until we are
accepting GitHub PRs.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy