Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by phonechen <ph...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/06 06:06:55 UTC

[suggestion] Add the Parallel svm | a parallel version of support vector machine to Mahot project

 **
*Parallel svm | a parallel version of support vector
machine<http://code.google.com/p/psvm/>
*
here is the paper:
http://psvm.googlegroups.com/web/NIPS2007-435.pdf?gda=B3ZXxkEAAAC0-d9XK49vdMfIT-gxvP9xH1vxRghNOvOxp_YnhJOW52G1qiJ7UbTIup-M2XPURDTxHA03ey30XW-34-8ERa4l5koy8jtfjFBmuoKXCx0UNA
and here is the mpi version source code:
http://code.google.com/p/psvm/

--
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--

Best Regards,

Yours
Phonechen

-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------

Re: [suggestion] Add the Parallel svm | a parallel version of support vector machine to Mahot project

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@udanax.org>.
Great. Thank you for this nice article.

--
B. Regards,
Edward J. Yoon,

Re: [suggestion] Add the Parallel svm | a parallel version of support vector machine to Mahot project

Posted by Isabel Drost <ap...@isabel-drost.de>.
Just back from vacation and trying to catch up with my inbox.

On Tuesday 06 May 2008, phonechen wrote:
> So I think  the best way is to contact the author to see whether he can
> share some code or move the implementation to hadoop or give some clue on
> it.

Has anyone contacted the author yet? Seems like an interesting option to
pursue.

Isabel

--
Availability is limited.
  |\      _,,,---,,_       Web:   <http://www.isabel-drost.de>
'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>

Re: [suggestion] Add the Parallel svm | a parallel version of support vector machine to Mahot project

Posted by phonechen <ph...@gmail.com>.
hi Grant,
The original version of psvm is build on top of  google's map/reduce
implementation.
But the author move it to mpi.
So I think  the best way is to contact the author to see whether he can
share some code or move the implementation to hadoop or give some clue on
it.
Here is the author Kaihua Zhu's email:
zkh@google.com

--

Best Regards,

Yours
Phonechen

Re: [suggestion] Add the Parallel svm | a parallel version of support vector machine to Mahot project

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.