Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by bt...@rhythms.net on 2001/02/15 23:53:44 UTC

XML Schema Validation Error Messages

I'm using Xerces1.3/JDK1.3 and using Schema validation. I've noticed that when a
required field is omitted from a complexType, the parsing error you get is not
specific to the field that is omitted from the XML. The message I get is
something like the following...

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "SALIRecord" must
match"(rec_typ,rec_id,rec_mode,icsc,ccna,asr?,asr1?,pon,reqtyp,act,ver?,refnum,p
i?,euname,aft?,sapr?,sano,sasf?,sasd,sasn,sath?,sass?,ld1?,lv1?,ld2?,lv2?,ld3?,l
v3?,city,state,zip,aai?,ren?,jkcode?,jknum?,jkpos?,js?,smjk?,pca?,si?,spot?,lcon
?,actel?,aactel?,acpgn?,acppn?,acc?,wktel?)".

I'd like to be able to tell the client app what field they are missing. Am I
missing something. Thanks in advance.