Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gene Wu <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2007/08/13 11:45:22 UTC

[configuration]Error result from Test due to build isse.

Hi,

I got some failed results from test class
"org.apache.commons.configuration.TestDataConfiguration".
The error is "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress".

I run build.xml and pom.xml. The error messages are the same. There is no
javamail dependency in neither pom nor build.

After I put the following dependency in pom file. Those errors disappeared.

   <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.mail</groupId>
      <artifactId>mail</artifactId>
      <version>1.4</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>

Could someone check with that? Here is my env info:

Maven version: 2.0.7
Java version: 1.5.0_04
OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86"

Thanks,
Gene.

Re: [configuration]Error result from Test due to build isse.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Gene Wu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got some failed results from test class
> "org.apache.commons.configuration.TestDataConfiguration".
> The error is "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress".
>
> I run build.xml and pom.xml. The error messages are the same. There is no
> javamail dependency in neither pom nor build.
>
> After I put the following dependency in pom file. Those errors disappeared.
>
>    <dependency>
>       <groupId>javax.mail</groupId>
>       <artifactId>mail</artifactId>
>       <version>1.4</version>
>       <scope>test</scope>
>     </dependency>
>

> Could someone check with that? Here is my env info:
>
> Maven version: 2.0.7
> Java version: 1.5.0_04
> OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86"
>
> Thanks,
> Gene.
This dependency was recently added, but obviously only to the maven 1
build, which is still our default build system.

I updated the ant and the maven 2 build, so the problem should be
solved. Thank you for spotting this.

Oliver