Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Mike Marchywka <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2008/06/04 20:30:34 UTC

xsd__string definition and geneated files.

Hi,
It looks like I was able to generate the needed files from my wsdl file
but ran into a problem with the string related code. I thought I could figure this
out as some problem with typedefs but it isn't immediately obvious how to fix this.

The generated code seems to expect pointers to things,

xsd__int* p_afImpressionReviewPeriod = (pIWSDZ->getElementAsInt("afImpressionReviewPeriod",0));
param->afImpressionReviewPeriod = *p_afImpressionReviewPeriod;
delete p_afImpressionReviewPeriod;
xsd__string* p_bannerCustomFields = (pIWSDZ->getElementAsString("bannerCustomFields",0));
param->bannerCustomFields = *p_bannerCustomFields;

but the related method is returning a thing, not a ptr,

 virtual xsd__string AXISCALL getElementAsString(const AxisChar* pName,
        const AxisChar* pNamespace)=0;

Is there a simple reason for this? I can't find obvious conditionals in the axis code or the  WSDL2Ws
program to make this match.

Thanks.

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka@hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.
Note: Hotmail is possibly blocking my mom's entire
ISP - try  me on marchywka@yahoo.com if no reply
here. Thanks.

RE: xsd__string definition and geneated files.

Posted by Mike Marchywka <ma...@hotmail.com>.

> To: axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
> Subject: Re: xsd__string definition and geneated files.
> From: amra@us.ibm.com
> Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 18:41:23 -0500
>
> Mike,
>
> I assume your are using AXIS C++. If so, ensure you have built the
> binaries from the latest codbase in SVN by using ant to build the product.

Well, I thought there could be a versioning problem as I had, IIRC, 1.6 for the c++ code
and 1.4 was listed as the latest java release ( but this seems to be more recent than the c++ code).

I can't release the WSDL but it appears to be an issue with how to handle the char* return value.
It only depends on the java code generators and then the compile depends on the c++ include files,
not the results of the build ( AFAIK, unless there is a config script which modifies the include files,
but I checked for obvious issues with #ifdef's and conditional compilation and strings didn't appear
to be conditional ).

> Then see what is generated. If you have a problem would need to see wsdl
> and how you are generating the stubs.

AFAIK, the wsdl has been used with java but again I can't release it. A quick scan didn't show anything
obviously quirky about the string fields.

I also discovered that variables were on occasion redecelared in the same scope, but this is
easy to fix by hand. It would also suggest either a quirk of the wsdl file or a possible versioning
problem ( I had to manually collect jar files ).

>> but the related method is returning a thing, not a ptr,
>>
>> virtual xsd__string AXISCALL getElementAsString(const AxisChar* pName,
>> const AxisChar* pNamespace)=0;

Should this return a ptr or a thing?

Thanks.

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.