Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Gaurav Sehgal <gs...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/24 13:02:58 UTC

Storm dies when zookeeper followers are not available

We have a cluster deployment of Storm and Zookeeper. Where storm is running
on 2 machines and zookeeper is running on 3 machines.

Now if the zookeeper followers are not available, though the leader is
available storm keeps throwing an exception that it is not able to connect
to zookeeper; and ultimately dies.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Regards,
Gaurav

Re: Storm dies when zookeeper followers are not available

Posted by Srinath C <sr...@gmail.com>.
Once you lose the zookeeper quorum, I have seen that the workers keep
throwing exceptions that they are not able to connect to the zookeeper. But
I haven't seen them die because of this. I have even seen them recover once
the quorum is restored.

But if the worker process gets killed, they don't get relaunched because
since the communication between nimbus and supervisor is broken.