Posted to user@struts.apache.org by brian jf <br...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/04 20:24:13 UTC

html:form quick question

Hi all,

I've a quick html:form question.

I have a jsp which, as the result of action A,
outputs the values of the formBean A.

However on the same page, I want to have a html:form which
calls a different action (Action B) passing it lots of user
input for formBean B, but including a value from formBean A.

I've tried to do this with the html:hidden attribute but
I'm not sure how to set the property of form B to be the
inputted hidden value.

Anyone able to help me out?

At the moment, the relevant bits from the jsp look as follows:

thanks very much,
Brian

Re: Asynchronous Request handle

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@hotmail.com>.
Niket, now I understand your requirements. I am stuck.
Perhaps someone else can help.

-Dan

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@hotmail.com>.
Construct and Thread object which has the run method to process your
processing.

In your action handler, construct that thread object and start it.

You need the readup on Java Thread API.

-Dan

Re: html:form quick question

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@hotmail.com>.
You need a form which has both of  your original formA and form B
properties.

Let's call it formC

actionA-->formC-->jspB where you can make display or hide the fields any
which way you like.

hope this helps.

-Dan