Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Balaji Varanasi <ba...@cc.usu.edu> on 2004/06/28 21:29:57 UTC

Newbie Load balancing Question

Hello All,
I am really sorry for asking this question. I looked in the archives but
I couldn't get any answer. I will appreciate if someone can help me.

I have Apache 2 and tomcat 4.1 running on a machine (Server 1). I could
successfully connect them using jk2. Now I am trying to load balance
them with another tomcat 4.1 (Server 2) running on a different machine
(in future I would like to add more machines). The servers are running
on Win 2000 servers.

My jk2.properties files on Server 1 is

# Just to check if the the config  is working

shm.file=c:/Apache2/logs/jk2.shm

What should be the format for the server2's jk2.properties file? I have
the IP address of server 2 with me.

Thanks in advance,
Balaji