Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Harsha Perera <ha...@symology.co.uk> on 2008/06/04 13:59:21 UTC

Distinguishing logging events from multiple objects of the same type

Hello,

In my application I have multiple objects of say class Foo. Each has a
unique identifier. They run under a single thread (i.e. All logging events
have the same thread ID). How can I distinguish logging events from these
objects and the other objects called by them? i.e. If the bar() method is
called on Foo 1 which in turn calls t() on a Car object, I want to be able
to easily identify that they all originated from the Foo 1. It can be done
by pushing the ID of the Foo object onto the ThreadContext at the beginning
of each method of the Foo class. Is there an easier way of doing this?

Thanks,
Harsha

Harsha Perera
Analyst Programmer
Symology Ltd
10 Kensworth Gate
200-204 High Street South
Dunstable
Bedfordshire
LU6 3HS
Tel: +44 (0) 1582 842626
 <http://www.symology.co.uk/> http://www.symology.co.uk

Head Office: Vanguard House, Cotswold Park, Millfield Lane, Caddington,
Bedfordshire, LU1 4AJ
Registered in England No. 1760502

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER

This e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, is intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential and legally privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
copying or distribution of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete this e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, from your system. Any
opinions expressed are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent
those of Symology Ltd. Internet e-mail is not a fully secure communications
medium. Please take this into account when sending e-mail to us. Any
attachments to this e-mail are believed to be free from virus, but it is the
responsibility of the recipient to make all the necessary virus checks.