Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Bill Hastings <bl...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/18 00:23:53 UTC

Bloom Filters in Cassandra

How are bloom filters used in Cassandra? Is my understanding correct
in that there is one per SSTable encapsulating what keys are in the
SSTable? Please advise.

Re: Bloom Filters in Cassandra

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Some more background http://spyced.blogspot.com/2009/01/all-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about.html

In additional to the SSTable bloom filter for keys, there are row level bloom filters for columns.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton