Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Sanders <sa...@totalsync.com> on 2001/03/23 03:52:15 UTC

Re: Linux IBM JDK + Tomcat + SMP hangs

> The box's environ is
> 3 * p-pro/200 + 256Mb
> Redhat Linux 6.2, kernel 2.2.14smp
> Apache 1.2.19
> Tomcat 3.2.1 using mod_jk (also happens with 3.1 using
> mod_jserv)
> glibc 2.2.2
>
> thanks
> mac

I am running a RH 7 box with 4 Xeon 450's with 2GB RAM,
running both Tomcat 3.2 and Resin 1.2.1 behind Apache
1.3.17 with IBM JDK 1.3, and it has been running for
months ;-)

Re: Linux IBM JDK + Tomcat + SMP hangs

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
I don't think we can or should do anything about that.

Even if it would be possible to find a workaround ( and that may take a
huge amount of work ), fact is that the JVM will still have a bug and some
user code ( servlet, etc ) may make it hung in production environment.

So you should consider luck that tomcat hungs early :-)

I suspect it's a glibc problem, so maybe using the latest glibc would
help.

Costin