Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org> on 2022/04/27 01:05:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Towards Calcite-Avatica 1.21.0

Hey everyone,

The last release for Avatica (1.20.0) was in December last year, so it's
about time to release Avatica 1.21.0.

This release should be a pretty straight-forward and routine release as
we only have a handful of commits to Avatica since the last release.

Here's a list of issues that must be resolved before I can build the
release for voting:
- CALCITE-5116: Unable to build Avatica release with Gradle 7.4.2 [1]
- CALCITE-5095: Support Java 18 and Guava 31.1-jre

There are also a few PRs could potentially make it into this release:
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/163
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/170
- https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/148

Please have a look and merge / review any PRs that are ready for this
release.

If possible, I'd like to make rc0 available for voting towards the end
of next week, but I am happy to delay the vote if more time is needed to
review or merge any open PRs.

Francis

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5116
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-5095

Re: [DISCUSS] Towards Calcite-Avatica 1.21.0

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
Hey everyone,

I am planning to make rc0 available for voting on Thursday (day after
tomorrow). Are there any PRs or other fixes that need to make it into
this release?

There's a bunch of open PRs here [1], perhaps there are some that can be
merged or can be merged with minor modifications.

Francis

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pulls