Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Martin <er...@ericmmartin.com> on 2007/11/28 17:20:14 UTC

[S2] Complex submit button issue

I'm using the css_xhtml theme and trying to create a submit button that
outputs something like:

<button type="button" class="button positive save">
     ${ctx}/images/tick.png  Save
</button>

I would expect something like this to work:
<s:submit type="button"
  cssClass="button positive save"
  value="">
    ${ctx}/images/tick.png  Save
</s:submit>

But it outputs (formatted):
&lt;img src="/core/images/tick.png" alt="Save"/&gt; Save
    <button type="submit" id="search_0" value="" class="button positive
save"></button>

I thought that maybe whatever was inside the s:submit tag would be used as
the value, but no such luck. Is that value held somewhere? If it is, I could
just edit the template to display it...

Is there a struts way to do this, or should I just use standard HTML?

Thanks,
Eric

Re: [S2] Complex submit button issue

Posted by Eric Martin <er...@ericmmartin.com>.
Looks like this is a previously reported issue that was "fixed":

However, I'm using 2.0.11 and it is still not working.

Thanks,
Eric