Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shimon Crown <sh...@equipnet.co.il> on 2002/09/18 08:48:55 UTC

Unable to run attachments demo

Axis RC1, Tomcat 4.1, JDK 1.4.1

When I run the attachments demo I get the following nasty exception

C:\axis-1_0>java
samples.attachments.EchoAttachment -lhttp://shimonc-nt/axis/servlet/AxisServ
let test.txt

java.io.IOException: No support for attachments
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
 faultString: java.io.IOException: No support for attachments
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
        stackTrace: java.io.IOException: No support for attachments
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.JAFDataHandlerSerializer.serialize(JAFDataHandl
erSerializer.java:119)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContextImpl.serializeActual(Serializat
ionContextImpl.java:1208)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContextImpl.serialize(SerializationCon
textImpl.java:753)

etc. etc.

test.txt is a simple text file.

I have checked that I have the latest JARs for activation, mail, xercesImpl
etc. etc. and I am 90% sure that I have all the latest and greatest stuff in
the correct classpaths.

What am I doing wrong ?

Shimon Crown