Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <ai...@google.com.INVALID> on 2019/05/23 20:11:16 UTC

Fwd: Seasons of Docs project ideas

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Арина Алёшина <al...@ya.ru>
Date: Thu, May 23, 2019 at 1:26 AM
Subject: Seasons of Docs project ideas
To: <ai...@google.com>

Hello,

I am a technical writer willing to participate in the Seasons of Docs by
Google and I have found your documentation project ideas very promising.
Could you tell me more about the "technical" requirements that a writer
should have to work with your projects? For example, what tools/processes
should the writer by familiar with, what practical skills should they have,
etc.

Let me tell you more about myself now. I have a two-year experience
documenting different APIs, GUI tools, source-level debugging workflows,
etc. I am capable of working with any light-weight markup language
(MarkDown, rST, AsciiDoc) and developing custom scripts in Python for
documentation-related tasks.

Please let me know about the requirements (see my questions above) and we
could discuss documentation development ideas in details.

Regards,
Arina Aleshina

Re: Seasons of Docs project ideas

Posted by Kamil Breguła <ka...@polidea.com>.
Hello

Projects have different levels of complexity. Some require only basic
familiarization with the principle of the project - "Apache Airflow
architecture". Others require understanding of current documentation
and then changing the structure of the documentation to make it more
user-friendly. Along with the mentors, it will also be necessary to
complete the missing information - project "How to create a workflow".
In this project, you need to know Python to be able to prepare
examples. It is not necessary to deeply understand the issues related
to Big Data. In "Local development environments", "Deployment",
"System maintenance" projects will be helpful experience with cloud
services and basic server administration.

Our documentation is built using Sphinx. Documentation files are written in RST

Mentors are able to answer all your questions if you can not elaborate
on an issue.

If you have further questions, I invite you to the slack
apache-airflow[2]. On "documentation" channel, we discuss issues
related to documentation and the GSoD project.

Regards,
Kamil Breguła

[1] - https://apache-airflow-slack.herokuapp.com/

--

Kamil Breguła
Polidea | Software Engineer

M: +48 505 458 451
E: kamil.bregula@polidea.com

We create human & business stories through technology.
Check out our projects!