Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2017/01/09 18:45:16 UTC

Apache PDFBox January 2017 board report due

Hi,

find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit this
month. It's based upon the report template which can be found at [1]

Any further comments, objections or additions?

<draft>

  - the Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working with PDF
documents.

## Issues:
  - there are no issues requiring board attention at this time
  - we solved an issue with an android port of PDFBox. The author didn't change
the package names after forking PDFBox. We asked him to change that and he complied.

## Activity:
  - we are working on fixing bugs in 2.0.x
  - there are some small improvements as well
  - Maruan started an effort to update our logo. It's still a work in progress

## Health report:
  - there is a steady stream of contributions, bug reports and questions on the
mailing lists

## PMC changes:

  - Currently 17 PMC members.
  - Last PMC addition was Tim Allison on Mon Sep 19 2016

## Committer base changes:

  - Currently 17 committers.
  - Last committer addition was Tim Allison at Mon Sep 19 2016

## Releases:

  - 1.8.13 was released on Fri Dec 09 2016
  - 2.0.4 was released on Fri Dec 16 2016

## JIRA activity:

</draft>

BR
Andreas

[1] https://reporter.apache.org/?pdfbox

Re: Apache PDFBox January 2017 board report due

Posted by Timo Boehme <ti...@ontochem.com>.
+1

Timo

Am 09.01.2017 um 19:45 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Hi,
>
> find attached a quick draft of the board report we're expected to submit
> this
> month. It's based upon the report template which can be found at [1]
>

> Any further comments, objections or additions?
>
> <draft>

>  - the Apache PDFBox library is an open source Java tool for working
> with PDF documents.
>
> ## Issues:
>  - there are no issues requiring board attention at this time
>  - we solved an issue with an android port of PDFBox. The author didn't
> change the package names after forking PDFBox. We asked him to change
> that and he complied.
>
> ## Activity:
>  - we are working on fixing bugs in 2.0.x
>  - there are some small improvements as well
>  - Maruan started an effort to update our logo. It's still a work in
> progress
>

> ## Health report:
>  - there is a steady stream of contributions, bug reports and questions
> on the mailing lists
>
> ## PMC changes:
>
>  - Currently 17 PMC members.
>  - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
>  - Last PMC addition was Tim Allison on Mon Sep 19 2016
>
> ## Committer base changes:
>
>  - Currently 17 committers.
>  - No new committers added in the last 3 months
>  - Last committer addition was Tim Allison at Mon Sep 19 2016
>
> ## Releases:
>
>  - 1.8.13 was released on Fri Dec 09 2016
>  - 2.0.4 was released on Fri Dec 16 2016
>
> ## JIRA activity:
>
>  - 120 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
>  - 105 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months
>

> </draft>
>
> BR
> Andreas
>
> [1] https://reporter.apache.org/?pdfbox

Timo Boehme
OntoChem IT Solutions GmbH
Bl�cherstra�e 24
06120 Halle (Saale)
Germany

phone: +49 345 478 047 4        | fax: +49 345 478 047 1
email: timo.boehme@ontochem.com | web: www.ontochem.com
HRB 21962 Amtsgericht Stendal   | USt-IdNr.: DE815563824
managing director : Lutz Weber

Re: Apache PDFBox January 2017 board report due

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

+1

Maruan

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
+1

Tilman

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

thanks for your feedback. I've submitted the report as you might have already seen.

BR
Andreas