Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by victory_zgh <vi...@163.com> on 2016/01/07 11:55:34 UTC

Add Tachyon bolt for persisting state

Hi,
Storm has implemented HDFS bolt to store state data,however,in particular,writing data to HDFS is slower than Tachyon.
Tachyon is a distributed memory file system(http://www.tachyon-project.org/), which performace is very good ,and now gets more and more attention.
Tachyon is memory-centric,and  the speed is fast.  If state data is stored by Tachyon, the performance of saving state may become better,at the same time ,the state query performance may become better too.
I think, The work of adding tachyon-bolt is very interesting, and in some use case it can improve performance  a lot.

Thank you!

Best regards

2016-01-07

Guanghui.Zhu
Department of Computer Science and Technology
State Key Laboratory for Novel Software Technology
Nanjing University
Phone: +86 13770681551
Email: victory_zgh@163.com
ResearchLab Homepage: http://pasa-bigdata.nju.edu.cn

Re: Add Tachyon bolt for persisting state