Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/08/08 00:25:28 UTC

[DISCUSS] PR Builder

Hi,

I wanted to propose that the PR Builder should have a longer window for
builds.  Sometimes a build will fail for random reasons - flakey tests, bad
build nodes, etc.  Depending on how many PRs get raised, the build could
disappear from jenkins and not able to be rebuilt.

I wanted to recommend to keep all builds for the latest 7 days.  If you're
raising a PR, I would expect you're addressing issues within 7 days.

PS - I hope no one minds.  After my latest failure, I made two changes to
the existing job.

Change JDK from "latest1.8" to "JDK 1.8 (latest)" (this is a request from
INFRA) (if you want, I can also fix your other jobs if they're pointing
incorrectly)
Exclude the H10 node explicitly from the pool (for some reason, that seems
to have something bad installed or something or it hates me).

You can find the diff here:
https://builds.apache.org/job/CXF-Trunk-PR/jobConfigHistory/showDiffFiles?timestamp1=2015-11-30_15-55-26&timestamp2=2016-08-08_00-19-12

Re: [DISCUSS] PR Builder

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
> On 08.08.2016 02:25, John D. Ament wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanted to propose that the PR Builder should have a longer window for
>> builds.  Sometimes a build will fail for random reasons - flakey
>> tests, bad
>> build nodes, etc.  Depending on how many PRs get raised, the build could
>> disappear from jenkins and not able to be rebuilt.
>>
>> I wanted to recommend to keep all builds for the latest 7 days. If
>> you're
>> raising a PR, I would expect you're addressing issues within 7 days.

+1

>> PS - I hope no one minds.  After my latest failure, I made two
>> changes to
>> the existing job.
>>
>> Change JDK from "latest1.8" to "JDK 1.8 (latest)" (this is a request
>> from
>> INFRA) (if you want, I can also fix your other jobs if they're pointing
>> incorrectly)
>> Exclude the H10 node explicitly from the pool (for some reason, that
>> seems
>> to have something bad installed or something or it hates me).

Got some troubles with H10 on different jobs, I understand...
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiricc�

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC,
CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer, PonyMail PPMC
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] PR Builder

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1

Sounds good. From my side feel free to do the enhancements.

Christian

On 08.08.2016 02:25, John D. Ament wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to propose that the PR Builder should have a longer window for
> builds.  Sometimes a build will fail for random reasons - flakey tests, bad
> build nodes, etc.  Depending on how many PRs get raised, the build could
> disappear from jenkins and not able to be rebuilt.
>
> I wanted to recommend to keep all builds for the latest 7 days.  If you're
> raising a PR, I would expect you're addressing issues within 7 days.
>
> PS - I hope no one minds.  After my latest failure, I made two changes to
> the existing job.
>
> Change JDK from "latest1.8" to "JDK 1.8 (latest)" (this is a request from
> INFRA) (if you want, I can also fix your other jobs if they're pointing
> incorrectly)
> Exclude the H10 node explicitly from the pool (for some reason, that seems
> to have something bad installed or something or it hates me).
>
> You can find the diff here:
> https://builds.apache.org/job/CXF-Trunk-PR/jobConfigHistory/showDiffFiles?timestamp1=2015-11-30_15-55-26&timestamp2=2016-08-08_00-19-12

--
Christian Schneider