Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/03 19:26:58 UTC

StateChangedNotifier

Hey Werner,

Any chance you could fix the MyFaces-Impl dependencies for
StateChangedNotifier since you've been doing some work on it?

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-220

org.apache.myfaces.custom.statechangednotifier.StateChangedNotifierTag
org.apache.myfaces.custom.statechangednotifier.StateChangedNotifierRenderer

Re: StateChangedNotifier

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Mike Kienenberger schrieb:
> Hey Werner,
>
> Any chance you could fix the MyFaces-Impl dependencies for
> StateChangedNotifier since you've been doing some work on it?
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-220
>
> org.apache.myfaces.custom.statechangednotifier.StateChangedNotifierTag
> org.apache.myfaces.custom.statechangednotifier.StateChangedNotifierRenderer

We ran into some performance issues with that component anyway, so it
might get a bigger overhaul :-(

Re: StateChangedNotifier

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Mike Kienenberger schrieb:
> Hey Werner,
>
> Any chance you could fix the MyFaces-Impl dependencies for
> StateChangedNotifier since you've been doing some work on it?
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-220
>
> org.apache.myfaces.custom.statechangednotifier.StateChangedNotifierTag
> org.apache.myfaces.custom.statechangednotifier.StateChangedNotifierRenderer

yes... will happen within a weeks timeframe or so.

Re: StateChangedNotifier

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Mike Kienenberger schrieb:
> On 4/7/06, Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at> wrote:
>> Ok then I will fix that reference as well on the weekend.
>> (if it was not fixed by an eclipse import automatically ;-) )
>
> Because of the test classes, the default setup in eclipse has
> myfaces-impl and myfaces-shared-impl classes on the build path.    And
> unfortunately, I think a shared_impl import is chosen before a
> shared_tomahawk import (alphabetical), so an automatic import actually
> makes things worse.
>
> For now, I think the best solution is to remove myfaces-impl from the
> build path and remove the test classes from the source path.   Run the
> tests either from the command-line or manually add them back in later.

Not really I fixed the outstanding issue on friday, and the whole import
is done in case of an anbiquity with a popup dialog asking you for
the correct import, the main issue in this case is that the wrong shared
lib is listed as the first choice.

Btw. has this stuff been written down somewhere, it might
get confusing in the long run if there are no clear guidelines being
written down.

Re: StateChangedNotifier

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: StateChangedNotifier

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.

Re: StateChangedNotifier

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: StateChangedNotifier

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Depends, we will definitely get some code duplication.

Btw. are there clear guidlines which parts can
be used and which not, I am still relying on a
myfaces-impl_shared class currently.

I can fix that as well, but I havent seen a need for that
because to my knowledge all shared stuff will be bound to
the jars anyway.

Werner

Re: StateChangedNotifier

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.