Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/30 19:13:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] Disaster & Recovery improvements in Artemis

As I added a feature 2 releases ago, (Broker Connection with Mirror
support), I am further enhancing Mirror support in Artemis.

So far the failback would be determined by activating a Mirror option
on the way back.

To cut a long story short, you should always have only one Mirror
option enabled. (Having it both ways would cause the broker to ping /
pong messages in an infinite loop on a few cases).

So, I am improving things a bit. It will be possible to have the
mirror configured both ways.

That way a broker pair would always be in sync... both nodes would be
Live, hot and ready to go.

I wouldn't recommend both nodes receiving connections from clients...
but you could either enable or disable routes on TCP or some cloud
option... or you could enable / disable acceptors that are responsible
for clients.

then you could have another acceptor to just connect the nodes...

And whatever happens in one node, gets sent to the other node.

It will be a really nice improvement on Mirror support. and I plan to
have this ready before the next release.

I should add some blogging about this.. it's a really nice feature.

--
Clebert Suconic