Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Yuji Ito <yu...@imagine-orb.com> on 2016/11/04 06:50:59 UTC

Re: failure node rejoin

Thanks Ben,

When I added `nodetool flush` on all nodes after step 2, the problem didn't
happen.
Did replay from old commit logs delete rows?

Perhaps, the flush operation just detected that some nodes were down in
step 2 (just after truncating tables).
(Insertion and check in step2 would succeed if one node was down because
consistency levels was serial.
If the flush failed on more than one node, the test would retry step 2.)
However, if so, the problem would happen without deleting Cassandra data.

Regards,
yuji

Re: failure node rejoin

Posted by Yuji Ito <yu...@imagine-orb.com>.
Thanks Ben,

I've reported this issue at https://issues.apache.org/j
ira/browse/CASSANDRA-12955.

I'll tell you if I find anything about the data loss issue.

Regards,
yuji

Re: failure node rejoin

Posted by Ben Slater <be...@instaclustr.com>.