Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/01 03:05:18 UTC

Re: Script Task In Ant

Java on Leopard is version 1.5 (which is one of the big complaints).

The error message is saying that
"org.apache.tools.ant.util.optional.ScriptRunner" is not found. This
class isn't found in bsf.jar, but in ant-apache-bsf-1.7.0.jar which I
found at http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/org.apache.ant/jars/.

I am not sure if this is a Leopard issue. According to the library
dependency section of the Apache Ant manual, it looks like you
downloaded the correct jars, but none of them have that particular
class.

On Dec 31, 2007 5:47 PM, david <da...@davidwbrown.name> wrote:
> Hello Francisco, isn't Leopard new to Java 6? There are known problems with Leopard and Java 6 see: javalobby article: http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t102936.html
>
> What is the JDK version?
> run: ant -debug
> What echo message do you get from ${env.CLASSPATH} ?
>
> Francisco Tolmasky wrote ..
>
> > Hello, I am attempting to use JavaScript within ant and am running
> > into a few difficulties.
> > I used to be able to do the following in Mac OS X Tiger just fine:
> >

> >          <script language = "javascript" src = "whatever.js">
> >               /* whatever */
> >          </script>
> >
> > However, since moving to Mac OS X Leopard, I get the following error:
> >
> > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> > org.apache.tools.ant.util.optional.ScriptRunner
> >
> > I currently have bsf.jar, js.jar (rhino) and commons-logging-1.1.jar
> > in my ant lib directory.
> > The ant version on Leopard is 1.7.0.  Do I need to update something or
> > add a lib?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Francisco

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Re: Script Task In Ant

Posted by Francisco Tolmasky <to...@gmail.com>.
Well simply adding ant-apache-bsf-1.7.0.jar to my libs seemed to do
the trick, so thanks!
I am now happily scripting in ant.

Francisco