Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org> on 2013/10/09 17:05:49 UTC

maven assembly plugin set permissions on base directory

Is there a way to do this?

Re: maven assembly plugin set permissions on base directory

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.
It does not.  I hadn't tried using '/' as the output directory spec
(i.e. the base-directory) but it doesn't help.  The basic problem is this:

The archiver does not create an entry in the archive for the
base-directory.  This is because no matter where you put the
<directoryMode> it applies to directories WITHIN that <fileset>, not to
the root of the fileset itself.  If a directory entry is not created
in the archive, then the -p switch of tar will have nothing to
"preserve" and just use the default permission for the directory.

Really, I think to make this work, one would have to be somehow be able
to put a <directoryMode> on <base-directory> itself.  But this would be
a change to the plugin.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Cohen <sc...@javactivity.org>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.