Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2010/11/09 19:43:32 UTC

ZK's hudson patch queue being worked on

Nigel and Giri are working on fixing ZK's patch queue on hudson. You
may see some spurious messages for a bit as we get things working
again.

This is the hudson process that tests new JIRA patches. When you
attach a patch to a JIRA and "submit" it hudson will automatically
verify the patch and comment on the jira. Here's an example:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-780?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12930211#action_12930211

Once "hadoopqa" bot has given it's blessing (typically +1 overall but
there are some exceptions) committers generally will start their
detailed review for commit.

Given this workflow/automation important that you follow the details
on our how to contribute page, esp in regards to creating the patch:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/HowToContribute

If you have any questions please do let us know.

Regards,

Patrick

Re: ZK's hudson patch queue being worked on

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
The ZK qabot which tests the JIRA patch queue on hudson is again
operational. I have seen a few "false failures" in the c client
binding tests, Nigel is going to look into it.

You can see the results of tests on the JIRA (qabot appends as a
comment), also details/list here:
https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/S-Z/view/ZooKeeper/job/PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-Build/

If you login to hudson you can actually test a particular JIRA
directly by clicking "build now" and entering the JIRA number into the
input box. Otw (if you do not have a login) you can cancel the patch
in JIRA and re-submit. Either will trigger the patch testing workflow.
Note, the most recent attachment to the JIRA will be tested.

Patrick